Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Weight Training and Self Esteem

Weight training can build a persons self esteem dramatically. Once you start seeing the results you will start to feel better about yourself. You will find yourself not just looking in the mirror but admiring what you see there. The more you see improvement, the better that you will feel about yourself. And that's not all just because of the muscle that you are seeing.

A big thing with weight training is that you have set goals for yourself, that you know you have to work for. There is nothing easy about exercise, diet, or weight training. You have to work for what you want, but trust me, it's well worth it. At one point in time, my goal was to be able to bench press 300 pounds. You can only imagine the feeling I had inside once I reached that goal. Now I'm shooting for more. Each time I reach a goal, my confidence grows. Everyday, I know that I am improving myself, and everyday, I feel better about myself.

Another way that weight training and fitness improves your self esteem is the attention. Once you start improving your physique, you will notice that you will be getting more attention. People who normally wouldn't have talked to you in the past will come start the conversation with you. The more you improve, the more attention you will get. You will start getting alot of compliments and that alone will start to build your self esteem. The added attention and compliments help to build your confidence and make you feel better about the way that you look.

Now this is a process and doesn't happen overnight. It takes time and effort. You have to want it, and want it bad. It's not going to be given to you. If you want to feel better about yourself, then exercise, fitness and weight training can help you do that. There are some free advice sites out there that will help you get the body that you have always wanted. But again I say "help" you get there. It will not be given to you, it will take a lot of work, but, it is well worth it. The choice is yours, and only yours, to make. Are you tired of looking down on yourself because of the way that you look? Well, do something about it. It's your decision, you have to take the first step. So let's get started.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment