Friday, March 30, 2012

Strawberries - Delicious and Healthy

I love all kinds of berries, but I think strawberries are my favorite. They're low in calories, rich in flavor and they're very good for you because they've got lots of vitamin C, the B vitamin folate, fiber plus healthy phytochemicals. They're great nutrition makes them a great choice for adding fruits to you diet. That's important because most people don't eat enough fruits and vegetables. I like to add strawberries to yogurt and they're a staple in all my smoothies.

Strawberries are sweet and delicious so even picky eaters enjoy them. But did you know that strawberries work well in savory dishes as well? Try this Spinach Salad with Strawberries our About.com Guide to Southern Food, Diana Rattray. It's quite a delicious dish.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment